Top Food Trends of 2017
As members of the food industry, we are always interested in what is new and exciting. Here are our top five favorite food trends of 2017—if you’ve visited our diner in NJ lately, you may have seen some of these items on our new menu, and if your favorite meal isn’t served at our location, yet, don’t worry. We add new items all the time!
1. Street Foods. Whether you are a fan of international foods or local cuisines, street foods are a fun, easy, and exciting way to eat. While many traditional street foods are snack- or appetizer-based, others are full, healthy meals!
2. Healthier Meal Options for Kids. Kids’ health is an important concern, especially with obesity and childhood illness on the rise. Many restaurants and diners in New Jersey are doing their part to help kids make healthier choices by offering more fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and low-fat foods.
3. New Cuts of Meat. T-bone, sirloin, chop… is there any way to break up this monotony? Fortunately, there are plenty of ways, and the best diner in New Jersey know this! Our meat selections are unique and varied, so ask your server what would be a good match for your tastes.
4. Heirloom Fruits and Vegetables. Heirloom fruits and vegetables are those that have not been patented and commercialized. Most are home-grown or grown on small farms, and can introduce unique tastes, textures, and nutritional benefits to your diet.
5. Authentic Ethnic Cuisine. Get the best of ethnic foods in popular American restaurants! While Italian and Greek foods are common in diners, many in today’s world are expanding to include a variety of Asian, African, and South American specialties.
At Nautilus Diner, we are adding delicious new menu offerings every day! Check back regularly, or view our menus online to see these top food trends of 2017 in action!